The Department of Materials Engineering holds a meeting of the Industrial Advisory Council
The Materials Engineering Department held a meeting of the Industrial Advisory Council on Thursday, 8/3/2023, in the presence of the Department Head, Prof. Respected Hussein Alaa Jaber and the members of the Department Council and members of the Industrial Advisory Council, namely:
- Senior Chief Engineer Hussein Muhammad Youssef / Ministry of Industry and Minerals
- Senior Chief Engineer Muthanna Hassan Salumi / Iraqi Ministry of Environment.
- Expert Engineer Mohamed Hadi Murad / Managing Director of the National Company for Chemical and Plastic Industries.
- Family Medicine Consultant, Dr. Haitham Mikhlif Al-Obaidi / Iraqi Ministry of Health.
- Chief Engineer of Karrar Saddam Shannon / Baghdad Governorate Office.
Where the honorable head of the department welcomed the council members, the topics of the meeting were then discussed, the most prominent of which was a brief overview of the academic program for each branch presented by the branch heads and how to develop it in order to improve job opportunities for graduates, and implement the requirements for obtaining programmatic accreditation from the Iraqi Council for Accreditation of Engineering Education. . The committee was also briefed on a brief overview of the Bologna path that will be implemented next year, as well as the plan for graduate studies in the coming years. The members of the Industrial Advisory Council stressed the necessity of opening graduate studies in the necessary specializations only according to the need of the labor market. The members also expressed their readiness. Full cooperation with the department council and faculty members in order to develop the department’s academic program in a way that supports the labor market’s need for materials engineering specializations in all its branches.